Senior Marketing Manager
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Manager has become available at a global leading non-fiction illustrated publisher.
The key responsibilities include:
- Management of small marketing team that is responsible for all listings and marketing communications.
- Creating targeted, consumer-focused marketing campaigns to drive discoverability, increase product awareness, and, ultimately sales.
- Working closely with Sales to create compelling and profitable retail and online promotions and ensure that all relevant marketing sends out a cohesive and strong image.
- Work with PR and social media to ensure there is synergy across all campaigns.
- Content creation for web, social media and newsletters.
- Develop high quality and effective marketing materials.
- Developing and furthering new and existing relationships with licensed partners and third parties.
- Management of marketing budget.
The successful applicant will need to be creative, innovative, organised and used to working to tight deadlines. You will have considerable campaign experience and a proven track record of working with authors and high-profile partners. An excellent communicator on all levels, with staff management experience and very much a team player. You will be highly organised and methodical, able to multi-task and work well under pressure. In return you will get to join a small but very passionate team and work on some amazing brands and titles on a vast variety of subjects, with the prospects of growing your career.
If you feel that your skills meet the requirements of this Senior Marketing Manager position and you would like to be considered for the role please send us your CV today with a covering letter and include details of an innovative campaign that you have been responsible for and your salary expectations to email@example.com. Closing date: February 28, 2018
Project Editor: Illustrated Books
One of the world’s leading independent book publishers is looking for a talented Project Editor to work on its adult list.
Working within the adult editorial team, the candidate must be a team player, have strong communication skills and the ability to develop good relationships with authors, licensors and colleagues. The ideal candidate will have experience of working on illustrated non-fiction titles for the international co-edition market and be used to multi-tasking on a variety of projects. As an editor in your current position, you will be confident in: managing junior team members, freelancers and packagers; originating and developing new projects and presenting to sales teams; costing, budgeting and scheduling; project managing your own titles; writing sales copy; and communicating effectively with all in-house departments.
You will have a strong network of freelance contacts for all stages of the editorial process, experience in using InDesign and thrive on being part of a fast-moving, innovative business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic editor to work with an imaginative and energetic team.
To apply, please send your C.V., current salary and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: February 23rd, 2018
Work Experience & Internships
We offer work experience throughout the year for up to four weeks at a time, these placements are primarily focused on editorial, marketing, publicity, design and sales, we also offer valuable experience in all departments of our business.
We also run a number of Internships, which can last up to six months. These internships give students the chance to fully immerse themselves in the role, team and company, to work on projects and to gain a thorough understanding of how the publishing process works.
While are placements are unpaid, we do offer payment towards reasonable travelling expenses and a daily lunch allowance. The experience you will gain is invaluable.
Working for the Carlton Publishing Group
Our Vision and Values
To be the most commercially and creatively successful independent book publisher.
Our Key Principles
- Professionalism in everything: Strive to be the best that you can be.
Think smarter, act faster and negotiate harder than our competition.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and Global Vision: passionately pursue growth.
Seek out new markets, new publishing opportunities and new consumers.
- Creativity: the ability to identify and deliver successful concepts and ideas.
Having a clear understanding of our assets, content and core strengths.
- Positivity: the attitude to make great things happen.
Have the confidence to fix what’s wrong and celebrate what’s right.
- Respect: treat everyone as you would expect to be treated.
Keep our commitment to our customers, our colleagues and ourselves.
- Enjoyment: enjoy what we do.
Love our work and let that passion show in every title we publish.
- To be recognised as creative pioneers in the global book market.
- To deliver excellence and be the envy of our competitors.
- To invest and innovate to stay ahead in a changing world.
- To train and retain the best people to share in our success.
- To be the best communicators to each other and to the world.