Key Account Manager
Carlton Books is looking for a Key Account Manager to join its UK Trade sales team, based in our London office.
Do you have a passion for increasing sales, seeking out new customers and building close working relationships with current customers?
Carlton Books, based in Central London, is a leading independent publisher of illustrated reference, sport, entertainment and children’s books, and is at the forefront of augmented reality book publishing. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, the key responsibilities of this role are to maximise sales through the UK book trade and non-traditional markets.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an experienced sales person, someone who has lots of enthusiasm and commercially-driven ideas. Your communication skills will need to be at a high level, you will be well organised, as well as having an awareness of retail and consumer trends, and will be proactive and creative.
To apply for this position, please contact Owen Hazell at Carlton Books (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please provide a CV and your current salary details in your application. Closing date: 27 April 2018
Carlton Publishing Group is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join its UK Marketing team
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to progress in the book publishing industry?
Carlton Books, based in Central London, is a leading independent publisher of illustrated reference, sport, entertainment and children’s books. Reporting to the head of the department, your key responsibilities will be to support marketing, sales and publicity across a very varied list of titles – with excellent opportunities to progress.
We are a small and very busy marketing team, who work on some amazing brand licences and titles. Along with admin duties, you would need to feel happy to roll up your sleeves generally to pitch in. This is a very exciting opportunity to gradually grow your skills and knowledge in a wider marketing role.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience using InDesign and Photoshop
- Previous experience in Trade publishing
- Fluent-to-native English speaker, with an excellent grasp of UK grammar and spelling
- A year’s publishing experience
- Marketing qualification
- Previous experience of bibliographic data
- A good eye for design
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to Carol Farley at Carlton Books (email: email@example.com). Closing date: 13 April 2018.
Foreign Rights Assistant
Carlton Books is a leading international co-edition publisher of illustrated books.
Our dynamic Foreign Rights sales team, based in London, is looking for a pro-active and efficient Assistant to help in the administration of our international sales. The job involves:
- Providing administrative support to the Foreign Rights team
- Completing and processing standard contracts
- Updating the data management system
- Sending out presentation material (electronic data or hard copies), book samples and related correspondence to customers
- Assisting in the organisation of book fairs and sales trips
- Researching new contacts and business opportunities in foreign language countries
- Pro-actively chasing reprints
- Coordinating sales pitches
You will be self-motivated, have meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational and time-management skills as this role involves working with several sales managers simultaneously. You should also be a team player and have great communication skills. Foreign language skills are a plus.
Please send your CV, covering letter and current salary to Mathilde Pineau-Valencienne by 30/03/18, Foreign Rights Sales Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Experience & Internships
We offer work experience throughout the year for up to four weeks at a time, these placements are primarily focused on editorial, marketing, publicity, design and sales, we also offer valuable experience in all departments of our business.
We also run a number of Internships, which can last up to six months. These internships give students the chance to fully immerse themselves in the role, team and company, to work on projects and to gain a thorough understanding of how the publishing process works.
While are placements are unpaid, we do offer payment towards reasonable travelling expenses and a daily lunch allowance. The experience you will gain is invaluable.
Working for the Carlton Publishing Group
Our Vision and Values
To be the most commercially and creatively successful independent book publisher.
Our Key Principles
- Professionalism in everything: Strive to be the best that you can be.
Think smarter, act faster and negotiate harder than our competition.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and Global Vision: passionately pursue growth.
Seek out new markets, new publishing opportunities and new consumers.
- Creativity: the ability to identify and deliver successful concepts and ideas.
Having a clear understanding of our assets, content and core strengths.
- Positivity: the attitude to make great things happen.
Have the confidence to fix what’s wrong and celebrate what’s right.
- Respect: treat everyone as you would expect to be treated.
Keep our commitment to our customers, our colleagues and ourselves.
- Enjoyment: enjoy what we do.
Love our work and let that passion show in every title we publish.
- To be recognised as creative pioneers in the global book market.
- To deliver excellence and be the envy of our competitors.
- To invest and innovate to stay ahead in a changing world.
- To train and retain the best people to share in our success.
- To be the best communicators to each other and to the world.