Trade Sales and Distribution Co-Ordinator
We at Carlton Books Ltd are looking for a new Trade Sales & Distribution Coordinator to join our sales department, based in our London office. This exciting opportunity would suit a proactive and enthusiastic candidate, who welcomes the challenge of supporting various sectors of the sales department in their ambitions to drive revenue and explore new sales opportunities across both the UK and other international English speaking territories.
Key tasks will include:
- Sales and Distribution team admin support
- Close interaction with other key departments in the company (including sales, production, finance, operations, editorial, publicity & marketing)
- Update the company CRM systems with new information in order to generate additional sales
- Provide detailed title reports to sales
- Support the English Language sales team with various international sales trip and bookfair excursions
Experience / skills required:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- Organised and able to manage a busy workload
- An interest in Book Publishing sector or experience of sales administration and support would be a bonus
- Be a team player
You will be an effective administrative, highly organised, with excellent interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in Sales, a strong team player and who is able to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
This role would be an ideal stepping stone for someone who is newly graduated and/or has some sales support and administration experience and would like to build a rewarding career in Publishing.
For further information, please email a CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: October 31, 2018 (early applications may be prioritised)
Work Experience & Internships
We offer work experience throughout the year for up to four weeks at a time, these placements are primarily focused on editorial, marketing, publicity, design and sales, we also offer valuable experience in all departments of our business.
We also run a number of Internships, which can last up to six months. These internships give students the chance to fully immerse themselves in the role, team and company, to work on projects and to gain a thorough understanding of how the publishing process works.
While our placements are unpaid, we do offer payment towards reasonable travelling expenses and a daily lunch allowance. The experience you will gain is invaluable.
Working for the Carlton Publishing Group
Our Vision and Values
To be the most commercially and creatively successful independent book publisher.
Our Key Principles
- Professionalism in everything: Strive to be the best that you can be.
Think smarter, act faster and negotiate harder than our competition.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and Global Vision: passionately pursue growth.
Seek out new markets, new publishing opportunities and new consumers.
- Creativity: the ability to identify and deliver successful concepts and ideas.
Having a clear understanding of our assets, content and core strengths.
- Positivity: the attitude to make great things happen.
Have the confidence to fix what’s wrong and celebrate what’s right.
- Respect: treat everyone as you would expect to be treated.
Keep our commitment to our customers, our colleagues and ourselves.
- Enjoyment: enjoy what we do.
Love our work and let that passion show in every title we publish.
- To be recognised as creative pioneers in the global book market.
- To deliver excellence and be the envy of our competitors.
- To invest and innovate to stay ahead in a changing world.
- To train and retain the best people to share in our success.
- To be the best communicators to each other and to the world.