Trade Sales and Distribution Co-ordinator for UK & Export Trade Distribution department at Carlton Books.
Based in Central London, Carlton is a leading independent publisher of highly illustrated non-fiction publishing in both Adult and Children's categories. Reporting to the Group Distribution Manager, the key responsibilities would involve providing sales and admin support for the UK Trade and Export Distribution markets. There may be the opportunity for the position to develop, with greater sales responsibility in the future.
The candidate should be self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, very well organised and keen to learn in a fast paced creatively charged environment. This position is ideal for a candidate with one year of publishing experience or relevant qualifications. To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Owen Hazell at Carlton Books (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Publicity Manager (maternity cover)
Carlton Books is looking for a professional and talented communications manager to join our team as maternity cover for at least six months.
- Writing press releases.
- Securing publicity coverage across entire list.
- Working with marketing, publicity and social media team to create innovative campaigns.
- Author support.
- Event management.
- Coordinating coverage.
- Good experience in book publicity for at least two years.
- Working knowledge of marketing processes.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Efficient and organised mind and be a quick learner.
- Working knowledge of InDesign.
- Good attention to detail as well as being a creative genius.
Please send a covering email and CV in the first instance to:
Project Editor: Entertainment
We need a creative and experienced Project Editor to develop and commission titles for our expanding Entertainment list. You will be working on a wide range of exciting titles in the following subject areas: rock and pop, popular culture, movies, TV, videogames, puzzles and humour. We publish illustrated books for global markets with some of the world’s best-known entertainment brands and licensors, from Queen and Eurovision, Star Trek and World of Tanks to 20th Century Fox, Time Inc, Future Media and International Mensa. Apply by email, attaching your CV including your current salary, to Roland Hall, Editorial Director: Entertainment (email@example.com).
Augmented Reality apps Coordinator (Part-time)
We are currently looking for a candidate to start a part-time role at Carlton from January 2017. This is a Coordinator job that consists mainly in monitoring app translations with our app developer.
The additional skills of speaking and writing Chinese are a plus since we deal with a lot of Chinese customers.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Mathilde Pineau-Valencienne, Head of Foreign Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Experience & Internships
We offer work experience throughout the year for up to four weeks at a time, these placements are primarily focused on editorial, marketing, publicity, design and sales, we also offer valuable experience in all departments of our business.
We also run a number of Internships, which can last up to six months. These internships give students the chance to fully immerse themselves in the role, team and company, to work on projects and to gain a thorough understanding of how the publishing process works.
While are placements are unpaid, we do offer payment towards reasonable travelling expenses and a daily lunch allowance. The experience you will gain is invaluable.
Working for the Carlton Publishing Group
Our Vision and Values
To be the most commercially and creatively successful independent book publisher.
Our Key Principles
- Professionalism in everything: Strive to be the best that you can be.
Think smarter, act faster and negotiate harder than our competition.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and Global Vision: passionately pursue growth.
Seek out new markets, new publishing opportunities and new consumers.
- Creativity: the ability to identify and deliver successful concepts and ideas.
Having a clear understanding of our assets, content and core strengths.
- Positivity: the attitude to make great things happen.
Have the confidence to fix what’s wrong and celebrate what’s right.
- Respect: treat everyone as you would expect to be treated.
Keep our commitment to our customers, our colleagues and ourselves.
- Enjoyment: enjoy what we do.
Love our work and let that passion show in every title we publish.
- To be recognised as creative pioneers in the global book market.
- To deliver excellence and be the envy of our competitors.
- To invest and innovate to stay ahead in a changing world.
- To train and retain the best people to share in our success.
- To be the best communicators to each other and to the world.