Carlton Publishing Group is looking for an experienced digital Producer to fill a crucial role within our award-winning design team. The Producer will own and deliver multiple projects, from development to completion. The Producer will be delivering digital experiences (augmented reality apps, gameplay, animation) that connect to, and works with, physical products - primarily books and other printed materials.
- Owning digital products end-to-end, from concept to delivery.
- Working with key stakeholders to obtain a clear vision for the product(s) required and championing that vision within the business.
- Pulling in the right members of design, editorial, sales and marketing at the right time to steer and deliver digital and physical products to spec, and on time.
- Managing relationships with external agencies, assuring ‘best in class’ content and applications for Carlton products/titles.
- Recruiting new agencies and freelance talent as required to maintain Carlton’s capacity and to enhance Carlton’s capabilities.
- Ensuring new products are quality checked and fully tested before going live.
- Building relationships with key app stores (Apple, Google, Amazon etc) to facilitate approval, discoverability and maintenance of Carlton apps.
- Serving as a driving force and advocate for digital products, facilitating communication across the organisation, so that digital is understood and supported.
- Creating, tracking and managing tasks to ensure that schedules are maintained/adjusted accordingly for all releases and deadlines.
- Organising and improving management of digital assets for products.
- Planning and implementing localisation.
- Identifying, communicating and resolving any risks that may prevent the business from completing its goals and delivering its targets.
- Work with the Digital Director & Design Director on researching/developing new products, new technology trends and defining how to deliver new creative concepts/ideas.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop efficient work methods and pipelines.
- Championing user-friendly design for Carlton’s apps.
- Organising and taking part in user testing sessions.
- A minimum of five years’ relevant experience, including delivery of mobile apps. Experience in building interactive content for children a plus.
- Exceptional organisation, planning and administration skills.
- A self-starter and a do-er. This is a hands-on role.
- Highly computer literate: confident and proficient with standard project management development tools and working knowledge of Unity, Vuforia and other game, AR and VR platforms.
- Self-motivated, reliable, able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to show initiative in developing the role and to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexibly in a small team, building strong day-to-day relationships with colleagues.
- Able to manage a varied workload, balancing scheduled tasks with requests for assistance from the team, which may have short deadlines.
- Skilled in project management methods.
- Understanding of user-interface design.
- Excellent problem solver.
Covering letter and CVs in first instance to:
Karen Lomax, HR Department, Carlton Publishing Group, 20 Mortimer Street, London W1T 3JW.
Senior Foreign Rights Manager
Duration: Full time
Location: London, UK or Germany
The Senior Foreign Rights Manager will work with the Head of Foreign Rights to proactively develop new business and expand existing business in Carlton’s European markets (Germany especially). Specific responsibilities include:
High level of customer (telephone/email) contact on a daily basis.
Negotiating deals to close and expand business with an understanding of Carlton's programme and practices
Manage order process for assigned accounts and liaise with customers
Research, report and follow up on new channels / markets / customers. Identify and report new market segments and opportunities
Update data management systems
Provide customer feedback
Work closely with sales team, production and financial departments
Tasks and Requirements
Main territories to focus on: Europe (with a main focus on Germany)
Develop strategies to approach sales on a country by country basis
Enrich strong relationships with current publishing partners
Attend International book fairs
Analyze company priorities with current sales numbers and trends as well as market potential for each country
Ongoing outreach to potential customers to introduce them to brand and close new accounts
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Business
Years of related sales experience selling into European markets
German language skills preferred
Extensive knowledge and contacts of the international book trade preferred
Knowledge of global markets
Strong interpersonal & communication skills
Knowledge in Microsoft Application & Excel required
Please send a covering letter and CV in the first instance to Mathilde Pineau: email@example.com
Work Experience & Internships
We offer work experience throughout the year for up to four weeks at a time, these placements are primarily focused on editorial, marketing, publicity, design and sales, we also offer valuable experience in all departments of our business.
We also run a number of Internships, which can last up to six months. These internships give students the chance to fully immerse themselves in the role, team and company, to work on projects and to gain a thorough understanding of how the publishing process works.
While are placements are unpaid, we do offer payment towards reasonable travelling expenses and a daily lunch allowance. The experience you will gain is invaluable.
Working for the Carlton Publishing Group
Our Vision and Values
To be the most commercially and creatively successful independent book publisher.
Our Key Principles
- Professionalism in everything: Strive to be the best that you can be.
Think smarter, act faster and negotiate harder than our competition.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and Global Vision: passionately pursue growth.
Seek out new markets, new publishing opportunities and new consumers.
- Creativity: the ability to identify and deliver successful concepts and ideas.
Having a clear understanding of our assets, content and core strengths.
- Positivity: the attitude to make great things happen.
Have the confidence to fix what’s wrong and celebrate what’s right.
- Respect: treat everyone as you would expect to be treated.
Keep our commitment to our customers, our colleagues and ourselves.
- Enjoyment: enjoy what we do.
Love our work and let that passion show in every title we publish.
- To be recognised as creative pioneers in the global book market.
- To deliver excellence and be the envy of our competitors.
- To invest and innovate to stay ahead in a changing world.
- To train and retain the best people to share in our success.
- To be the best communicators to each other and to the world.